1. Government-entrusted Businesses
- Conducts businesses entrusted by the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning(MSIP) under Article 20 of the Professional Engineers Act and Article 26 of its Enforcement Decree.
- Responsible for international mutual recognition of
professional engineer qualifications under the Science and
Technology Promotion Fund.
- Receives reports on professional engineer´s employment,
career, education (workplace), etc. and issues various
- Receives applications for the registration of professional
engineer´s offices, changes in registrations, and business
suspension or shutdown. Responsible for performance
- Responsible for the issuance of professional engineer
registration certificates and the receipt of applications for
international professional engineer examination and
International mutual recognition of professional engineer
qualifications, improving the efficiency of career
management such as employment records, supporting the
operation of professional engineers offices, vitalizing
professional engineer registrations, expanding international
professional engineer certification and vitalizing their
2. Policy Planning and PE System Improvements
- Amendments to the Professional Engineers Act and other
laws and regulations related to the use of professional
- Performs the 2016 implementation plans under the 3rd Basic
Plan for the Development of the Professional Engineer
System and develops the 4th Basic Plan.
- Fosters more professional engineers to establish an advanced
fostering system of professional engineers. Reorganizes
classifications and improves qualification examination
- Runs the Engineer Korea Policy Center as a policy thinktank.
- Activities geared towards improving policies and institutions.
Making connections between the engineering education
certification system and the professional
activities with the
and running the
(EK) Policy Center.
Master Plan of Professional Engineer System
In order to enhance national technology competitiveness
and to nurture excellent Professional Engineers efficiently
through advancement of the system of Professional
Engineers according to the international standard, establish
< The Basic Plan of Developing the System of
Professional Engineers > for the next three years.
*Legal Basis : Government establish and implement the basic
plan of developing the system of Professional Engineers
every three years so as to make professional knowledge on
science technology benefit the development of industry
technology (Article 5 of Professional Engineers Act)
Vision The realization of advanced technology power through the fostering
of interchanges among global engineers
Mission Fostering outstanding professional engineers with a global
Strategy 1. Developing a system for fostering advanced Professional Engineers
(education-experiences-connection in qualifications)
2. Managing qualifications and globalizing operating systems
(establishment of advanced qualified systems)
3. Advancing the system of using Professional Engineers
(strengthening the expertise of Professional Engineers)
3. International Cooperation
- Improves the nation´s international position in the field of
international recognition of professional engineer
qualifications to strengthen its activities as a full
member of international organizations.
- Looks into the latest trends in professional engineer systems
in other countries and international recognition and shares
- Organizes the US Principles and Practice of Engineering
(PE) and Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exams.
- Korea-Japan Professional Engineer International
- Activities geared towards improving policies and institutions.
Activities as a full member of international organizations,
the US PE/FE Exams, and the Korea-Japan Professional
Engineer International Conference.
Korea-Japan Professional Engineers International Conference
Since 1971, Korean Professional Engineers Association(KPEA) and Institution of
Professional Engineers Japan (IPEJ) exchanged memorandum of agreement of technology
exchanges, joint symposium of Professional Engineers of two countries has continued to be
held for technology exchange and friendship activities every year for the past four decades
with a form of mutual visits of Professional Engineers in every fields.
U.S. PE(FE) Korea Licensure Board
According to the agreement between KPEA and NCEES, Korea Licensure
Board takes all the charges on impleme ntation of examination of U.S. PE
and FE within Korea.
4. Public Relations and Social Responsibility
- Support for professional engineer´s social contributions
(volunteering), media relations, publishing bulletins,
managing the association´s website, support for branch and
chapter activities, organizing site visits for members to have
firsthand experience, and other promotional activities.
Social responsibility activities, bulletins and newsletters,
media relations, branch/chapter and club activities, site
visits and cultural tours.
5. Education and Training for Professional Engineer´s Capacity Building
- Offers education and training to professional engineers
under the Professional Engineers Act.
- Establishes basic plans for education and training by the
head office and branches/chapters.
- Offers education and training to construction project
managers under the Construction Technology Promotion Act.
- Runs the e-Learning Center and expands educational
activities including curriculum planning, hiring lecturers,
and running venues and facilities.
Education and training under the Professional Engineers
Act, education and training under the Construction
Technology Promotion Act, running the e-Learning Center,
holding the National Professional Engineer´s Conference,
organizing welcoming events for new professional engineers,
offering professional engineer CEOs forums, and offering
private certification courses.
6. Expanding Membership and Benefits
- Develops strategies to remarkably increase the number of
members and revenues from membership fees.
- Provides guides for joining the Korea Scientists and
Engineers Mutual-aid Association to improve benefit for
members. Expands benefits including medical services,
financial services, and family event services.
- Establishes member recommendation systems. Differentiates
member´s benefits from non-members in terms of tuitions
and certificate issuance fees.
Expanding membership, improving members benefit,
establishing member recommendation systems, developing
the E-SOS information system, and grading fees.
7. Events and Meetings
- Professional Engineer´s Day, National Professional
Engineers Conference (awards), and Korea-Japan
Professional Engineers International Conference.
- Congress, board of directors meetings, committees,
and branch/chapter activities.
Professional Engineer´s Day, National Professional
Engineers Conference, Korea-Japan Professional Engineers
International Conference, congress, senior officials meetings,
board of directors meetings, committee meetings, and awards.